- the type of information that we may collect from you;
- the reasons that we will ask you for this information;
- who will be storing this information and under what conditions; and
- whether we require you to provide us with this information voluntarily or whether we are required to ask you for this information because there is a law that requires us to ask you to provide us with the information.
- are our customer, that is a person or a company or organisation that has entered into anagreement with Feastfox South Africa Proprietary Limited and or our affiliates (Feastfox, us or we) for services (i)for your own use or (i) if you act on behalf of an organisation, and you have to have the consent of the organisation to use the Feastfox mobile application (the App), products and services; and/or
- use the App, products and services.
Information We May Collect From You
- Personal information that identifies you as an individual; this can include but is not limited to: your identity number, name and surname, phone number, email address, physical address, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to you, credit vetting, payment information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, birth,financial, criminal or employment history; your opinions or personal views or opinions, any correspondence sent between you and us that is implicitly or explicitly of private/confidential nature, or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence; or the views or opinions of another person about you./li>
- Details and documents required in terms of the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communications-Related Information Act, 2002 (RICA).
- Details of your use of the App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, service provider page viewing statistics and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details about problems that may occur when you utilise our services, the App.
- Details about your mobile device, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to service providers. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet, including via mobile applications, is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
- To establish and manage the contractual relationship between you and us.
- To ensure that content from the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device.
- To ensure that you are provided with the goods, products or services that you have procured via the App and to process those goods and services.
- To carry out credit checks in relation to your procurement of the goods, products or services that you have procured via the App.
- To provide you with information in relation to goods, products or services that you have procured via the App or which we feel may interest you, and where there may have been changes made to goods, products, services or the App.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the App, products or services, when you choose to do so.
- To bill you for our goods, products or services.
- To examine how our customers use our goods, products or services.
- To conduct market research and monitor how customers and other people use the goods, products, services and the App.
- To share information with our operation partners.
- To send you promotional material.
- To prevent security breaches and other unlawful activity.
- To contact you.
- To provide you with technical assistance in respect of the services offered.
- To respond to you and deal with any grievances or claims.
- To realise personalized services.
- As required in terms of the law including but not limited to fulfilling mandatory obligations under law, including those relating to accounting, administration and tax and to give effect to a legal obligation.
- To protect the legitimate interest of you as a data subject.
- For the proper performance of a public law duty by a public body.
- In order to pursue the legitimate interest of the data controller or a third party to whom the information is supplied.
Disclosure of Your Information
- You consent to your personal information being shared with our operation partners, some of whom are located outside of South Africa. In this regard you consent to this transfer of information. In all instances, we will ensure that any transfer of your personal information to these operation partners inside or outside of South Africa will be handled securely.
- In other instances we will share information with other companies and persons to perform certain functions in order to carry out the services, deliver you goods and allow you access to the App. We will only share your personal information if you consent to this sharing or where we are obliged to do so by law. We will also make sure that these companies or persons handle your personal information securely.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1 of the Companies Act 71 of 2008. In this regard, you consent to this disclosure and you are aware that certain members of our group are located outside of South Africa. In all instances, we will ensure that any transfer of your personal information to these members of our group, inside or outside of South Africa, will handle your personal information securely
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Your Rights and Obligations
- You have the right to ask us to review your personal information that you have provided to us and make any desired changes to it.
- You have the right to choose whether you wish to receive marketing material. By accepting this policy, you consent to receiving marketing material. Should you wish to no longer receive such material you can opt out by contacting us at email@example.com. We undertake to comply with all applicable laws in relation to direct marketing, including the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, in this regard.
- You have the right to request us to correct or delete your personal information. However, we will retain such personal information that we are required to retain in terms of any applicable law.
- You have the right to request details in respect of the identity of third parties who have or had access to your personal information.
- Please note that you have an obligation to provide us with accurate personal information and to keep us informed of any changes to your personal information as and when these occur.
- Please note that the App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, service providers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
Date of Publishing
Note that you may only use the App, products and services or enter into an agreement with us for services if you are 18 years or older. If you are younger than 18 years, you may only use the App], products and services or enter into an agreement with us for services, with parental supervision.
Generally, we may collect certain personal information about you when you enter into an agreement with us (agreement). We may also collect information about you when you use the App, report a problem with the App, use support services or when we communicate with you as envisaged in the agreement. In addition, information may be collected when you respond to any surveys or promotions. What we mention above is not a complete list of all the ways that we could collect your personal information. We set out below information that we may collect and process.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with ("POPI"). Any access request may be subject to a fee for meeting our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
This Private Policy was last updated on 16 May 2017.