Strategy Associate - Cape Town
Feastfox is a fast-growing, consumer technology startup that is re-defining restaurant discovery through personalization and machine learning. We have an international team with offices in Seattle, Budapest, and Cape Town, and are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley VC funds. Our venture was founded at Stanford University by entrepreneurs with strong ties to the restaurant industry. Our advisory board members include world-class academics, well-known entrepreneurs and industry experts. We closed an oversubscribed seed investment round in 2019.
About the Role:
As a Strategy Associate, you will be working directly with our CEO on top strategic priorities. This role requires strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent planning and prioritization habits, and the ability to articulate and present insights and recommendations clearly. You should feel comfortable working with large amounts of data in a rapidly changing and fast-growing environment.
What you’ll do:
- Shape Feastfox's strategy by providing key insights through quantitative & qualitative analyses
- Conduct industry and product benchmarking for the senior leadership
- Collect, clean, analyze, and visualize actionable data and recommendations related to our KPIs
- Participate in product decisions, user insight collection, and experiment design
- Build, maintain, and report on quantitative models to assist executive decision making
- Support and potentially drive CEO-led projects
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s in Business/Economics or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Minimum 3 years in investment banking, consulting, corporate strategy or business analytics
- A self-driven and flexible self-starter who can prioritise a challenging workload
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and enthusiasm for analytical problem solving
- Curiosity to find secrets and insights that others might have overlooked
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to bring structure to ambiguous problems and support senior-level stakeholders
- Willingness to problem-solve and hustle to find solutions
- A love for all things food!
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Great office with sea-view in Sea Point, Cape Town
- Generous equity package
- Fun atmosphere with regular team events
- Semi-annual promotion reviews with clearly defined career tracks
- Strong feedback culture with regular check-ins and one-on-one meetings
- International travel opportunities including visits to our office in Seattle
How to Apply:
To apply for the role, send your CV as well as a short motivational email explaining why you’re a great fit to Daniel at email@example.com
About Feastfox Inc.
Feastfox is a tech startup whose product will allow people to find new restaurants that perfectly suit the moment and the mood -- all in less than three minutes. That’s the fastest restaurant-discovery experience, ever. We redesigned the entire process from the ground up: Feastfox’s engine analyzes millions of restaurant attributes and matches them to personal preferences stored in the user’s profile. It then filters these matches through the type of dining experience that the user seeks -- date night, business lunch, family brunch -- and provides recommendations on where to go. Feastfox’s diners get what they want - every time.
Our venture was founded at Stanford University by entrepreneurs with strong ties for the restaurant industry. Two of Feastfox’s founders worked on the strategy team at e-commerce giant Groupon, Inc. Our advisory board members include world-class academics, well-known entrepreneurs and industry experts including a former OpenTable executive. The startup closed an oversubscribed seed round in 2019.