We are looking for an energetic, self-driven, highly motivated individual who is invigorated by the idea of being part of something stimulating and new. If you love exploring restaurants, bars or cafés and you have a gift for building genuine, long-term relationships, we want you to join our team!
As a Business Development Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to be a driving force behind our expansion in Cape Town. This is not a typical sales role though: you need to become a trusted advisor to our partners, interacting with them continuously to review their results and offering guidance on how they could further utilise our platform. We also want you to be a significant contributor of new ideas to Feastfox.
We offer new employees a six-month fixed term contract with an opportunity to transition to a permanent position. You will be working in our Sales and Marketing team, reporting directly to the Country Head. You will also frequently interact with the founding team and CEO.
- Learning: Liaise with the owners and managers of the leading restaurants, bars and cafés in Cape Town, learning about the challenges they face every day
- Sourcing & Guidance: Source new businesses for our platform and help them set up their accounts and train them on how to use the platform customized to their needs
- Problem solving: Solve real-life challenges for our partners through data analysis and make recommendations on how they could better utilize our technology
- Relationship building: Build long-lasting relationships with the best restaurants, bars and cafés in town – and keep in mind that it’s a marathon, not a sprint
- Idea generation: We love, appreciate and support proactivity! You will have the chance to test your ideas and approach potential partners using new methods and techniques
- Hustle: Do whatever it takes to get the job done and grow Feastfox in Cape Town, ensuring that our customers and restaurant partners are satisfied
- Highly energetic, proactive personality
- Team player – this is a must
- Ability to navigate an unstructured, constantly changing startup environment
- Knowledge, experience or passion for the restaurant industry is a big plus
- Sound business judgment and strong analytical mindset
- A valid driver’s license and your own transport
- Fluent in English
- Market-related base compensation
- Competitive incentive structure linked to performance
- Opportunity for equity ownership should you transition into a permanent role