Strategy Associate - Cape Town
Feastfox is building a smart restaurant recommendation engine that makes it easy for people to find their next meal.
The venture was founded at Stanford University by entrepreneurs with strong ties to the restaurant industry. Our investors are some of Silicon Valley’s top venture capitalists with prior investments in Twitter, Twitch, and Lyft.
The company is currently scaling up its platform across the United States and has been growing 25%+ week-over-week for months.
Feastfox has offices in Budapest, Seattle and Cape Town.
About the Role
As a Strategy Associate, you will be working directly with our CEO on top strategic priorities. This role requires strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent planning and prioritization habits, and the ability to articulate and present insights and recommendations clearly. You should feel comfortable working with large amounts of data in a rapidly changing and fast-growing environment.
What you’ll do
- Shape Feastfox's strategy by providing key insights through quantitative & qualitative analyses
- Conduct industry and product benchmarking for the senior leadership
- Collect, clean, analyze, and visualize actionable data and recommendations related to our KPIs
- Participate in product decisions, user insight collection, and experiment design
- Build, maintain, and report on quantitative models to assist executive decision making
- Support and potentially drive CEO-led projects
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s in Business/Economics or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Minimum 3 years in investment banking, consulting, corporate strategy or business analytics
- A self-driven and flexible self-starter who can prioritise a challenging workload
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and enthusiasm for analytical problem solving
- Curiosity to find secrets and insights that others might have overlooked
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to bring structure to ambiguous problems and support senior-level stakeholders
- Willingness to problem-solve and hustle to find solutions
- A love for all things food!
Why you’ll love working with us
- Great office with sea-view in Sea Point, Cape Town
- Generous equity package
- Fun atmosphere with regular team events
- Semi-annual promotion reviews with clearly defined career tracks
- Strong feedback culture with regular check-ins and one-on-one meetings
- International travel opportunities including visits to our office in Seattle
How to Apply
To apply for the role, send your CV as well as a short motivational email explaining why you’re a great fit to jobs [at] feastfox [dot] com